Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

For Svetlana Marisova, RIP

floating
to the softest twilight
a thousand lanterns
across the sea . . .
if only I was strong enough
to hold you even closer
this half-moon
of a gentle angel
with psalms
to watch over us

***

in this evening cool
sketching your face
in the stars . . .
somehow I feel
we have met half-way
in this single breath


For Svetlana Marisova, RIP. ♥ You do not know how much your words touch and lift my heart. Thank you for your friendship and for everything you are. ♥ I'll miss you.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent poetry.they capture this Well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...Greatly enjoyed reading this!

    Short Poems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    Through people like you, I am only just discovering the work of this wonderful poet after she has left us. Thank you!

    And my condolences for your personal loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very moving poem. I particularly love the lines:
    "somehow I feel
    we have met half-way
    in this single breath"

    ReplyDelete